Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!
Sign up today and receive a FREE breakdown of Sgibs famous GOALINE DEFENSE!

Share | 
 

 How to join

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YoUnGPhEn0m



Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : Texas

PostSubject: How to join   Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:17 pm

How do I join this league?? I would love to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm

I think I played you in the tournament from this website...you would have to cut out the off-tackle, RCs and other things that abuse the game's AI because this is a league of football enthusiasts who are interested in using their football knowledge to square off and compete in Madden games. I wouldn't call it totally sim-style, but the goal is to avoid doing things that only work because it's a video game and take advantage of its shortcomings. Creativity and new strategy is encouraged, while game-breaking glitches aren't.

If you are still interested, check out Footballoutsiders.com and get familiar with it and the kinds of people who frequent the site. There's good football stat-crunching analysis going on over there. Finally, contact Aaron Schatz via email expressing interest. Right now there's 32 owners, so you'd have to wait until somebody drops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 am

Off Tackle isnt hard to stop, you go for the strip every time and cant tackle. It got you 2 fumbles and me 3 long td runs because you can't tackle. I dont do anything funny with off tackle, you just cant stop it. It is powerful, but you need to make adjustments. As far as westbrook being your leading receiver on the year, not very realistic, just saying we all play our own way.

_________________
www.twitter.com/maddenbible[/b]
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
YoUnGPhEn0m



Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:21 am

How do i join tho? And u cant rc in the league farls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cochlea

avatar

Posts : 207
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 pm

To join you'd need to check with Aaron Schatz- You can find his email somewhere at his website FootballOutsiders.com. The league's full right now, and we're currently in the offseason after season one, so your best-case scenario is a wait list that could take a long time to open up.

As far as RCs, it's obvious they're not 'outlawed', because Farls does 'em on his broadcast games. But it's not like there's a lot of members who have serious game- It's mostly football fans who enjoy playing Madden every once in awhile. I think the spirit of the league is to play more standard football and do less exploit-like things, but I doubt anyone will be kicked out because of it. Running up the score is probably the biggest no-no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Yeah, its more of a sim style league for sure. I really dont run off tackle that much as I hardly pound the rock, but will take that out for sure.
I just want to keep the league happy as it is a fun one. Overall I know people are frustrated when they lose but I assure you that everything I do can be stopped.

_________________
www.twitter.com/maddenbible[/b]
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
YoUnGPhEn0m



Posts : 43
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Ok thx appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Off Tackle isnt hard to stop, you go for the strip every time and cant tackle. It got you 2 fumbles and me 3 long td runs because you can't tackle. I dont do anything funny with off tackle, you just cant stop it. It is powerful, but you need to make adjustments. As far as westbrook being your leading receiver on the year, not very realistic, just saying we all play our own way.

I've tried soooo many things this to stop it, and I've been unsuccessful...if you've got a secret, we'd all love to hear it. But the fact is that this is a relatively simple football concept that should be relatively easy to stop if you know for sure that it's coming, yet around the Madden world it's a huge bitch to stop. Yeah, I can't stop it, but neither can anybody really*.


Quote :
I really dont run off tackle that much as I hardly pound the rock, but will take that out for sure.

IDK what this means since you ran it for the entire 3rd quarter on (that or QB sneak). It's fine, but this part could be misleading.

And as far as Westbrook and realism, Westbrook has been the leading receiver for the eagles multiple times, and he has been shut down in this franchise multiple times by the right defense. It's one thing to exploit man coverage vs. a LB or a weak zone leaving openings underneath or over the middle, and it's another to run a play that has ridiculous blocking to the point where it cannot be shut down without a gimmick*.

I've never blamed anybody for running this in a situation where rules don't prohibit it. Some people play to win at all costs, and you can't exactly question that motive. I blame Madden for the shitty AI and inability to tone down the effectiveness of things like this. "Don't hate the player; hate the game." But apparently, multiple people people have complained to Aaron (contrary to how this post sounds, I am not one of those people) and the league is going to be on stricter sim-police next season. I've never been a fan of restrictions on games like Madden, but maybe it'll work out for the better because the group of players we have seems to be awesome.


*I've seen ways to stop goal line off tackle, but they all involve shooting a gap and sacking the QB before he hands the ball off, or something to that effect. Why can't we run commit to the run-side or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cochlea

avatar

Posts : 207
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 40
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:13 pm

I love that you two are in the same divison.

RIVALRY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 pm

I actually defended him in my convo with Aaron because I love playing him. We played an epic game up until that 3rd Q. He throws some crazy sh!t at you on defense and it's hell to beat, but that's exactly what I enjoy about this game. The RCs don't really even bother me. It's just the Goal Line offense that I hate about Madden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slezy187

avatar

Posts : 99
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 35
Location : Honolulu Hi

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 pm

When you guys talk about the off tak run is it the power O out of the goaline or is it another play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Goal Line Formation, HB Off Tackle. IIRC it's only in generic playbooks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:29 pm

I really only run it against you because, I know you can't stop it. You had me on the ropes at 28-21. I hate running the ball, its boring as hell, but with 8 minute non accell games, I run out of plays especially when you have seen the post corner alot. Also I can't RC with the laggy connection as easy.

I love the league and the people in it, I will play sim next year, but for people to whine because they got beat, sounds like my little brother. (not saying you)

_________________
www.twitter.com/maddenbible[/b]
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_JayNizz

avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 27
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:43 am

i don't see the big deal about the off tackle and the Rocket Catch, when fitzgerald and moss where jumpin up in tripple coverage and comin down with the ball no one looked at them and said that they couldn't do it, thats cuz only a select few can do it, its what makes the elite players elite. jumping up for the ball is a part of the game not a cheese or glitch. the same goes for chris johnson of the titans. As soon as he started breakin 60+ runs no one told him that his team couldn't run his bread and butter run the 18 stretch. because these plays are part of the game. learn how to stop them and utilize them and you will become a great player like gibs and farls. however a wr direct snap is a glitz and shouldn't be alowed but as far as the game goes everything should be far game. "IF ITS IN THE GAME ITS IN THE GAME"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 am

JayNizz wrote:
i don't see the big deal about the off tackle and the Rocket Catch, when fitzgerald and moss where jumpin up in tripple coverage and comin down with the ball no one looked at them and said that they couldn't do it, thats cuz only a select few can do it, its what makes the elite players elite. jumping up for the ball is a part of the game not a cheese or glitch. the same goes for chris johnson of the titans. As soon as he started breakin 60+ runs no one told him that his team couldn't run his bread and butter run the 18 stretch. because these plays are part of the game. learn how to stop them and utilize them and you will become a great player like gibs and farls. however a wr direct snap is a glitz and shouldn't be alowed but as far as the game goes everything should be far game. "IF ITS IN THE GAME ITS IN THE GAME"

I'm not going to have this argument because it's been done a million times, but the thing that separates these plays from real football is the computer AI. Real-life intelligence can stop these plays because players can take shortcuts to blow up the play if they anticipate that it is coming. AI in Madden is closer and closer to real-life intelligence each year, but plays like off-tackle demonstrate the remaining imperfections. In order to counter this AI abuse, defenders need to abuse the shitty O-line AI themselves and shoot a gap with a turbo blitz of some sort and sack the QB before hands the ball off. I don't like nanos and RCs, but I live with them because they can at least be shut down by football concepts.

This is when it starts to get to the level of "video game battle" instead of "football battle". Some people are hardcore gamers to the heart and don't care if the AI is fucked...they just want to win, and props to them for keeping true to that belief. But things like Off-tackle have no defense for being real.

I get it's a video game. I know AI can't be perfect. I know that small glitches and flaws in the system are inevitable. I just hate the big game-breakers that kill all the football strategy and creativity that I play the game for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madden person



Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 am

spacab wrote:
JayNizz wrote:
i don't see the big deal about the off tackle and the Rocket Catch, when fitzgerald and moss where jumpin up in tripple coverage and comin down with the ball no one looked at them and said that they couldn't do it, thats cuz only a select few can do it, its what makes the elite players elite. jumping up for the ball is a part of the game not a cheese or glitch. the same goes for chris johnson of the titans. As soon as he started breakin 60+ runs no one told him that his team couldn't run his bread and butter run the 18 stretch. because these plays are part of the game. learn how to stop them and utilize them and you will become a great player like gibs and farls. however a wr direct snap is a glitz and shouldn't be alowed but as far as the game goes everything should be far game. "IF ITS IN THE GAME ITS IN THE GAME"

I'm not going to have this argument because it's been done a million times, but the thing that separates these plays from real football is the computer AI. Real-life intelligence can stop these plays because players can take shortcuts to blow up the play if they anticipate that it is coming. AI in Madden is closer and closer to real-life intelligence each year, but plays like off-tackle demonstrate the remaining imperfections. In order to counter this AI abuse, defenders need to abuse the shitty O-line AI themselves and shoot a gap with a turbo blitz of some sort and sack the QB before hands the ball off. I don't like nanos and RCs, but I live with them because they can at least be shut down by football concepts.

This is when it starts to get to the level of "video game battle" instead of "football battle". Some people are hardcore gamers to the heart and don't care if the AI is fucked...they just want to win, and props to them for keeping true to that belief. But things like Off-tackle have no defense for being real.

I get it's a video game. I know AI can't be perfect. I know that small glitches and flaws in the system are inevitable. I just hate the big game-breakers that kill all the football strategy and creativity that I play the game for.
You can easily stop off tackle without abusing the AI, or tackling the qb before he hands it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stock1528



Posts : 277
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 am

Feel free to tell us how....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xHHx_JayNizz

avatar

Posts : 1521
Join date : 2010-01-24
Age : 27
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:19 pm

spacab thats a respectable arguement.

stock one way that i used against an opponent to stop the goalline off tackle was to use the 1-5-5 and blitz all my linbackers down, and i either shift them to the playside or pinch them down im not sure at the moment, but it doesn't completely shut it down it just require your opponent to use different plays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: How to join   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:34 pm

madden person wrote:
You can easily stop off tackle without abusing the AI, or tackling the qb before he hands it off.

If this was true, then Off-tackle wouldn't be a problem/effective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How to join   

Back to top Go down
 
How to join
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Characters join squads
» Join My Flockdraw
» the /join english chat thread
» Need People To Join Me For Charity (read below)
» How to join us on Dexternet Wrath Server

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: NCAA 12 Forum :: NCAA 12 General Tips-
Jump to: