Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

Rules Discussion for Season 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 am

This thread will be used for anyone with ideas for or against proposed rule changes for season 3. Here are some topics off hand:

1.) Should the "shake" be banned for the sake of "sim" play?

2.) If a formation calls for a defensive lineman to be on the line of scrimmage and not in a stand-up position (like 1-5-5 or psycho, etc.) then that player can not be taken off the line to roam around until after the snap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
braxb314

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:38 am

wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 am

is there any room in this league SDU?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Shake SHOULD NOT B BANNED!, if your in this league and don't know how to beat the shske YOUR ALREADY IN OVER YOUR HEAD.

IN regards 2 usering a dlineman, have at it ITS WHO U USER, so if we are gunna regulate what pos u can user and where you need to keep them pre snap, that's like sayin all FS users must remain at a depth of 12yrds off the ball prior 2 the snap. I user my lde as well as my lbs and fs depends on down n distance . If this league starts getn all nit picky and coming up with crybaby rules then count me out, its a gr8 time very fun n very competitive DONT RUIN IT.

ALSO THERE really is no tru way 2 police either of these. If u "show" blitz at the last second it has the same effect as the shake, was it purposly to get a boost in your blitz or did u just decide to show blitz late in the play?, honestly sdu if this is a rule ur just gonna make a big headache for yourself
Regardless of whether the lineman thing is a rule I will continue to user my lde anywhere on the field , that's my game ,adjust to it that's what high lvl madden is about, I know brax ain't about 2 change his d either....i agree no bullrush but not being able to stand a dlineman up and drop him back n roam around is rediculous ex: make a 43 a 34 by droppin and userin a dlm. No unfair advantage is gained its just your d style and u create hybrid d"s that take a lil more to diagnose n fig out
.......my 2 cents KIFS=KEEP IT FUN STUPID ,,,,,,,, lol
Ps , NO one follows the no aud down from 4wr to a power run set rule, EVERYONE I have played has done it, im not gunna call anyone out, just making s point that not 2 many people are gunna complain or bring it up because its a game and WE ARE HAVING FUN, again I know u won't change this"rule" but NO unfair advantake is gained by aud down, yes your FB/TB gets a HUGE upgrade in speed but what they gain in spd they greatly decline in ball security, those lil fast dudes prob have a very low carry rating and are down there w/ the big uglies things can go very wrong injury/fum. I personally luv when I see a wr @hb/fb cux I know my d is that much closer 2 a big hitstick fumble or eliminatin a speedy that from the game

Last edited by king_jason2 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:27 pm

i think you misunderstood KJ, anyone would still be able to user the Dlineman in coverage however they deem fit, it's moving them PRESNAP that would be the rule up for discussion (unless you are in a 155/psycho type package where they are off the line already).

And for those owners who are "over their head" please make a post on how you attack the shake when you play against it. Would be a very helpful tip for the league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Lol no didnt misunderstand I take my LDE stand him up and drop him 2 LB depth or over the slot, that's jus my d?? Shouldn't have 2 change it cuz I don't gain anything others cannot adapt 2. As for shake lol ...they can buy my beat the shake ebook lmao... I ain't givin that out to help my opp lol? Really? They betta fig it out but imo shake is MURDERED buy burners going deep, lobbin it up, slants, motion snaps and well timed tosses booom
Back to top Go down
jamie4321

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 am

if your allowed to audible out of goaline and have olineman at wr we should be allowed to aud down thats what i want changed in the rules allow us to audible down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Sucking 4 luck..should it be allowed? I'd like to propose a rule that if you are found losing a game purposely (by not playing it, or during the game doing weird stuff like punting on first down, etc.) you would run the risk of losing your 1st and 2nd round picks or even removal from the league. My thoughts are we all are in the league to play games and playing BS games or games vs computers is not fair to the other owners in the league and is not fair to the integrity of the league especially when it comes to playoff races.

My thoughts initially are if you go from having an 8-8 or better team to under 3 wins in a season then chances are you were sucking for luck.

I also dont think that just because you take over a team that should give u a green light to suck4luck. You were allowed in the league to play not to cop out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:15 pm

If someone produces evidence of a major rules violation (as dictated by severity of the infraction and game situation) that costs an opponent a win, should punishment include, but not limited to, the transfer of a draft pick?

(mikevick's suggestion, which i second).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MillerTime

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Can i join the league? Im on ps3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Miller, go to www.maddenrevolution.com and fill out the "join" app for both inception and APA. I know APA is about to restart and it will be a fresh draft. Right now Inception has about a 4 team wait list to get in, so be sure to fill out your app now. thx for the interest!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MillerTime

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

The password isn't working for the franchise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nitka

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:12 pm

MillerTime wrote:
The password isn't working for the franchise

What password are you talking about? APA? Contact @GOLDENRAGE1 on Twitter for that.

Co-Commissioner of Madden Revolution Leagues
http://maddenrevolution.com

PSN: NITKA
XBOX LIVE: NITKA32
Follow me on Twitter: @Nitka32
http://twitter.com/#!/Nitka32
LIKE The MRL on FB - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madden-Revolution/176634915687899
EMAIL: maddenrevolution@gmail.com

MRL - Madden 11 - Season 1 Runner-Up
MRL - Madden 11 - 25 - 25 (5 Seasons)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maddenrevolution.com
nitka

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 pm

SDU Good Thread BTW!! I would like audbling down to be OK like what Jamie said. Other then that im good with everything.

Co-Commissioner of Madden Revolution Leagues
http://maddenrevolution.com

PSN: NITKA
XBOX LIVE: NITKA32
Follow me on Twitter: @Nitka32
http://twitter.com/#!/Nitka32
LIKE The MRL on FB - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madden-Revolution/176634915687899
EMAIL: maddenrevolution@gmail.com

MRL - Madden 11 - Season 1 Runner-Up
MRL - Madden 11 - 25 - 25 (5 Seasons)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maddenrevolution.com
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Condensed Rule Changes for Season 3 and Also a list to be voted on:

Definite rule changes/additions for Season 3:

1.) No Surprise Onside Kicks (as banned in standard MRL Classic play)
2.) No Shake Defense Allowed
3.) 5 missed games for ANY reason is auto removal from league. 3 games in a row (for ANY reason) auto removal from league. Not being able to connect due to PSN is no longer a valid excuse when it comes to excessive games missed. Self removal or giving the OK to remove due to scheduling problems STILL count as a missed game.

Items up for league vote (majority wins, commish breaks tie):

1.) Audibling down will be allowed on offense so long as a WR is not at FB and an O-lineman is not at WR. Defense will be able to audible down to defend against it (but CB's and Safeties can not be on the line of scrimmage).
2.) If a formation calls for a defensive lineman to be on the line of scrimmage and not in a stand-up position (like 1-5-5 or psycho, etc.) then that player can not be taken off the line to roam around until after the snap.
3.) If someone produces evidence of a major rules violation (as dictated by severity of the infraction and game situation) that costs an opponent a win, should punishment include, but not limited to, the transfer of a draft pick?
4.) "Suck4luck" will NOT be allowed (i.e. losing/tossing games/forfieting games on purpose for the sole reason to get a better draft pick)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ochosiete314

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

I say just leave it as it is. It's cool how it is. Ppl just need to learn to adapt. The rules that we do have is cool enough. I ain't tryin to have a dictatorship lol let's just play. Like I said before the rules are cool how they are. We makin all changes on the defense but majority of those rules helps the offense out even more . So if u gonna change the d gotta change the offensive rules too, as a counterpart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:03 pm

I am in extreme objection of rule proposal #2. That is my defense and what advantage its gained by doing that ,I still always have at least 2 rushing. If u wanna make it a rule it has to be justifiable that i'm gaining a distinct advantage and putting my opp at a gr8 disadvantage which is clearly not the case. I user my rde from a 46 formation and hot rte to make it like a 34 front. Its the exact same as usering a olb from a traditional 34 ... And no im not just gunna come out in a 34. I like the way the 46 lines up..... Please elaborate on any complaints or why this is even up for discussion? If its a manually shootn gaps like bums do online (qb spyish blitzing) I can assure u that's not the way it is utilized its just for deception, personell and unique formation reasonings, showing sumthin the o is not used to , come on fellas this is a bit rediculous
Back to top Go down
StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Rules arent always made because it gives an advantage to one style or another. Every rule put up first starts with the question of whether it is in the spirit of "sim" football. Olineman at WR, WR at FB, DE roaming around in 43/46 sets behind or at LB depth, these things arent "realistic." Gotta keep in mind Inception is MRL's take on "Sim" football for those who like that style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ochosiete314

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Idk I say if we already about to go to season 3 and we are still 32 teams there really isn't a reason to change anything u know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules Discussion for Season 3   

Back to top Go down

Rules Discussion for Season 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1