Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!
Sign up today and receive a FREE breakdown of Sgibs famous GOALINE DEFENSE!

Share | 
 

 Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheHungryMann



Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-19
Location : PA

PostSubject: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

?


Last edited by TheHungryMann on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black udder



Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:14 pm

TE position won't get bumped off the line and will be a great read a lot of the time.

you could also put fast throwaway guys at 1 & 2 positions if he doesn't manually assign them and run them out of plays.

Also, Asomugha can be beat with speed, so you can throw a deep ball with a fast receiver and he'll run away from him. If you can force the safeties to play TE/RB leaks, then it would soften Asomugha for a deep play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
finfever

avatar

Posts : 245
Join date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:34 am

go in 4 wr spread set and run 4 curls. he will have to drop his whole d line back in coverage to stop it, then run a draw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relli843



Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:47 am

tight doubles on... texan fork motion right wr to right snap be4 he sets he will smoke him throw quick pass and RUN... that formation you cant bump the slot or tight end unless you manually bump them.. tight doubles on wr cross is one of the best man beaters in the game... ace close you can use motion to burn him... use crossing routes, curls... alot of ways man is easy to beat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black udder



Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 am

I keep seeing people say that man is easy to beat, but everything I have seen has been short motion routes that don't get a lot of yardage. If, say, you run on 1st and get nothing. 2nd you try a man beater quick pass and it's dropped, then you're 3rd & 10 or more, what are you guys using against man?

With reasonable man coverage, nothing looks wide open like flooding a zone. If they know anything, then they're playing some sort of 4 man or less blitz so there are guys in zone as well. if they read these boards, then they're watching for slants.

I don't think man is unbeatable, but I do think it presents problems if you end up in long yardage situations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relli843



Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:02 pm

man is really easy to beat and its not just short motion routes.. you first have to realize what OPEN is in madden.. the window is not as big as it was in previous years.. crossing routes kill... streaks murder if you have height.. anytime you have inside position on a streak you are OPEN NO MATTER HOW CLOSE THEY ARE TO YOU... same with slants... in and out routes kill man if you know the timing go into practice mode and work on it and you'll figure it out man.. its all about timing.. but also look at your players ratings.. if you have a tall receiver with good beat press and you see them bumping you just send him on a streak if you know that its man... say hakeem nicks for example: if you have somebody pressing and you put him on a streak with his 90 beat press he will run right past the corner... find some route combo's that switch man assignments(there are alot of them)... run curl routes and throw a low lead pass.. its d@mn near impossible to pick off... you just have to get in the lab but actually it is easier to beat GOOD man coverage then GOOD zone coverage... and by GOOD ZONE im talkin someone who really knows what there doing with there adjustments to the zone..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black udder



Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:28 pm

relli843 wrote:
man is really easy to beat and its not just short motion routes.. you first have to realize what OPEN is in madden.. the window is not as big as it was in previous years.. crossing routes kill... streaks murder if you have height.. anytime you have inside position on a streak you are OPEN NO MATTER HOW CLOSE THEY ARE TO YOU... same with slants... in and out routes kill man if you know the timing go into practice mode and work on it and you'll figure it out man.. its all about timing.. but also look at your players ratings.. if you have a tall receiver with good beat press and you see them bumping you just send him on a streak if you know that its man... say hakeem nicks for example: if you have somebody pressing and you put him on a streak with his 90 beat press he will run right past the corner... find some route combo's that switch man assignments(there are alot of them)... run curl routes and throw a low lead pass.. its d@mn near impossible to pick off... you just have to get in the lab but actually it is easier to beat GOOD man coverage then GOOD zone coverage... and by GOOD ZONE im talkin someone who really knows what there doing with there adjustments to the zone..

I'd love to believe it's as easy as you say Smile However, there has to be a degree of difficulty/experience well beyond me because I've seen so many times when on a streak, the db stops and under cuts the route to pick it. For a slant, they break inside and pick it.

I've tried the curl routes and if there is no other coverage, they do work really well.

Even with tall receivers though, unless you make the adjustment to make them jump, I've seen so many passes that get picked off because my WR just tries to basket catch the ball instead of going up for it. I'm okay with manual catching, but not advanced enough yet with my stick skills to maneuver the player into an underneath position that forces him to jump for the ball.

Admittedly, most of the time, I'm playing the bears D and they're pretty aware with a good secondary, so that might be coloring my perception of success Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xHHx_megatron

avatar

Posts : 1335
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 29
Location : sooner state

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm

The best way to find out what beats man is to go thru the playbook an just pick stock plays. Dont hot route or any adjustments and pick a man cov d with two safties in deep blue.

Once you find stock plays that beat man cov, THEN u incorporate other stuff so you have multiple ways to attack a defense..A good user on defense can pick off streaks, curls so I wouldnt be content on running 4 curls.

Ideally you want a play where a user has to manually defend two areas of the field at once, ( which isnt possible ) so you will see a heavy/strong blitz or an all out cov ( run draw )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xHHx_megatron

avatar

Posts : 1335
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 29
Location : sooner state

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:51 pm

And pick a great defensive cover team like jets/packers/eagles... To lab against
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimmagician87

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 33
Location : Warren, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:15 pm

relli843 wrote:
tight doubles on... texan fork motion right wr to right snap be4 he sets he will smoke him throw quick pass and RUN... that formation you cant bump the slot or tight end unless you manually bump them.. tight doubles on wr cross is one of the best man beaters in the game... ace close you can use motion to burn him... use crossing routes, curls... alot of ways man is easy to beat
the motion routes and short crossing routes are all about YAC.. my favorite play singleback bigclose inside cross.. it has two inside realeases on the outside widerecievers.. motion out, hike,bullet throw,... it might get caught for a 3 or 4 yard gain but im on the outside and 1 or 2 missed tackles and your gone.. at least 7-10 every play and it rarely gets dropped.. just make sure the man read is there cuz if the swithc to zone you can throw an easy pick 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Th3 Ac3r

avatar

Posts : 442
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 22
Location : Folsom, LA

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Any good player will jump any ace close or tight doubles on unbump now because its so common to see. You will be able to get it on not so competitive players but if you play someone who knows what they are doing its gonna get picked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relli843



Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:01 pm

man is easy to beat and if you see the defense there on motion routes DONT THROW IT!!!!!! common sense... i was just giving him easy examples you cant rely on that all game but Good man coverage is easier to beat then Good Zone coverage every day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GunnyWill



Posts : 31
Join date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:37 pm

i always use crossing routes against man to man coverage, if they are pressing I send hakeem nicks on a streak and he gets past the corner more often than not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheHungryMann



Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-19
Location : PA

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the tips everyone, I ended up winning 37-7! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black udder



Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 am

TheHungryMann wrote:
Thanks for the tips everyone, I ended up winning 37-7! Smile

ouch! Nice win Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimmagician87

avatar

Posts : 224
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 33
Location : Warren, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 am

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Any good player will jump any ace close or tight doubles on unbump now because its so common to see. You will be able to get it on not so competitive players but if you play someone who knows what they are doing its gonna get picked
in order for someone to "jump" the route they have to move someone over into that area... if you see that dont throw it ... lol any thing is going to get picked if you throw it to a covered guy... you want them to cheat over to the unbump because it opens up the rest of the field... ive yet to play anyone who plays man and not throw at least 3 TDS ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Th3 Ac3r

avatar

Posts : 442
Join date : 2010-01-23
Age : 22
Location : Folsom, LA

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Well yea obviously don't throw it, but im saying if you see man and try to throw that a good player will see the motion and jump it. After that it's all between your other routes and your opponents defensive adjustments. I was just saying that against a good player you won't be able to get that off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relli843



Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Well yea obviously don't throw it, but im saying if you see man and try to throw that a good player will see the motion and jump it. After that it's all between your other routes and your opponents defensive adjustments. I was just saying that against a good player you won't be able to get that off

agreed you usually will get a good player once or twice with the same thing.. that goes for all plays.. you cant do the same thing over and over against a good player.. but its the same with anything you have to make your reads..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LittleAlex83

avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 34
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

finfever wrote:
go in 4 wr spread set and run 4 curls. he will have to drop his whole d line back in coverage to stop it, then run a draw.

Good post.

With the Texas, in 3rd and 8 or less, there's a Shotgun-Trips-Bunch play which sends all 3 WRs on that side with Daniels into curls, but Daniels crosses with the flanker to the outside. Use this on the strong side of the field and he can only stop Daniels by sending a man into the purple. If he does, the crossing flanker becomes open. That side's OLB and DE will tell you exactly which one to go to immediately after the snap and the route matures in less than 2 seconds.

Be careful with mediocre TEs, though. They'll over-run the route and you'll get hit for the drop from behind when he runs up to catch it or you'll catch it and miss the 1st down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blogabull.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?   

Back to top Go down
 
Best man beaters out of Texans playbook?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Bengals and Texans trade
» M17: Custom Playbook Rules - (Season 3 Test run)
» Raiders Custom Playbook

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: