Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!
Sign up today and receive a FREE breakdown of Sgibs famous GOALINE DEFENSE!

Share | 
 

 What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:42 pm

What up MB Fam,
I've been in the lab for the past 2 weeks or so straight, just cookin' up some new schemes. As I was sitting here today day dreaming about some of the different things I want to incorporate, I thought I'd ask the question to all of y'all. What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense??

I'm really good on both sides of the ball. However, I get the MOST enjoyment out of playing defense. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I played outside linebacker when I was ballin? I dunno....but I just love laying the hit stick on fools perfectly with Bishop after hitting the A gap smoothly, running a nice scheme and tricking them into throw a INT, switching on and making that beautiful user pick that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't done it yourself, stuff like that.
Going into the game its like I as well as my opponent KNOW they're not gonna stop my offense (I'm a true blooded PACKER fan). So I LOVE when you can hear the discouragement in their tone of voice as they begin to learn that their running game, spread offense, RC's, and constant motioning of players and snapping the ball while they're behind the O-line won't save them. Plus doing it all while playing clean, REAL football without nanos, field goal blocks, RC's, or anything. lol... Its veryyyy enjoyable to me. Especially considering I have been able to keep my opponents average PPG under double digits after roughly 30 online games (not including my Virigin Gaming matches). I love it.

So I pose the question to my M.B. brothas.. What do YOU enjoying playing more???


- PSN: FAVREALOUS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Offense for me. Specifically, running the ball. I don't know what it is, but just watching my opponent frantically trying to find a way to stop me from running the ball always puts a smile on my face. Smile
Back to top Go down
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 pm

SiCkWiThItXX wrote:
Offense for me. Specifically, running the ball. I don't know what it is, but just watching my opponent frantically trying to find a way to stop me from running the ball always puts a smile on my face. Smile

roflmao, I feel you on that one. I like eatin' them up with the Full House package, or my I form: Twin TE package. Nice man. I feel ya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UppingMyGame

avatar

Posts : 185
Join date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:56 pm

I prefer offense. As bad as it sounds it's kinda fun to get into a 3rd-and-long and convert, 'cause you just KNOW whoever's on the other end is feelin' sick for not covering whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:21 pm

UppingMyGame wrote:
I prefer offense. As bad as it sounds it's kinda fun to get into a 3rd-and-long and convert, 'cause you just KNOW whoever's on the other end is feelin' sick for not covering whatever it was.

Hahahaha yeahhhh man. Those are certainly painful. Gotta cover the seam. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

avatar

Posts : 1765
Join date : 2009-07-01
Location : Chesapeake, VA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:48 pm

ok...to me...there is NOTHING like pound that rock down my opponents throats if i can. but, i must admit, i am really diggin running defense at the moment. gotta improve on it but i am still diggin it. lol!

~Mili

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Militant I'm sure Ray Rice is killin'em. As far as run D you gotta love when ya fill those gaps perfectly and get'em for a loss of yardage. It's great as that puts them behind schedule (yardage wise). I had some siiccccckkkkkk stuff happen this past weekend. I sent Clay Maker on a blitz off the edge, and he was unblocked. Clay straight caught the QB's toss to the Running back!!!! (Not sure if you have already seen this). I took it to the house, but it was ruled as a Fumble on the field. I assume it's because it was a toss, thus basically making it a backwards pass. lmao had to be the craziest thing I have ever pulled off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfman



Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:57 pm

i like both but latly d just to lay those hit sticks but i gotta work on my d
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

avatar

Posts : 1765
Join date : 2009-07-01
Location : Chesapeake, VA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 pm

FAVREALOUS wrote:
Militant I'm sure Ray Rice is killin'em. As far as run D you gotta love when ya fill those gaps perfectly and get'em for a loss of yardage. It's great as that puts them behind schedule (yardage wise). I had some siiccccckkkkkk stuff happen this past weekend. I sent Clay Maker on a blitz off the edge, and he was unblocked. Clay straight caught the QB's toss to the Running back!!!! (Not sure if you have already seen this). I took it to the house, but it was ruled as a Fumble on the field. I assume it's because it was a toss, thus basically making it a backwards pass. lmao had to be the craziest thing I have ever pulled off.

Favrealous..this is no joke! i literally put up 296 yrds of rushing on this cat with Ray Rice....lol! it was a beautiful thing to see bruh! i ran some of that Strong: Close, I-Form: Tight, Strong: Twin TE and Weak: Close Flip outta the Ravens Obook.

~Mili

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfman



Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm

man you are a lil dirty black bird lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

avatar

Posts : 1765
Join date : 2009-07-01
Location : Chesapeake, VA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Wolf...i just think that i shocked the guy with all of that running cause i know that most cats work on stopping the run game first and he wasn't expecting me to pound the rock consistently after a few stops. however, i played a game earlier and this cat literally had my boy Rice on lockdown. dude was shooting through crazy gaps that i thought was sealed and blowin Ray up in the backfield...LOL!

~Mili

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfman



Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 pm

lol welcome to game of football
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:19 pm

[quote="Militant X 1"]
FAVREALOUS wrote:
[b]Favrealous..this is no joke! i literally put up 296 yrds of rushing on this cat with Ray Rice....lol! it was a beautiful thing to see bruh! i ran some of that Strong: Close, I-Form: Tight, Strong: Twin TE and Weak: Close Flip outta the Ravens Obook.

~Mili

I beleive it! I've done similar with Ryan Grant (people sleep on him) out of some of those same packages. I know Ray has to give them fits cause I'm sure he is a lot faster than Grant. Being able to run all over dudes has to be the most discouraging thing for them. lmao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bahdbwoy



Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Wish i could pound the rock ... No committment lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SasserAssassin

avatar

Posts : 589
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm

for sure D.
forcing turnovers to set my D up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZAN

avatar

Posts : 1389
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 28
Location : Springfield, IL

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Defense, defense, defense.

I always lab something to perfection. Usually it's an offense. See TWIM 34 and 35 for proof...My defense came later in 11. I actually had a MVP on the defensive side of the ball in C4 from a quarters 3 deep scheme (LaRon Landry: 100 tackles, 30 sacks, 10 INTs, 8 forced fumbles)

This year, I dedicated to my defense first and decided run last....and MY GOD am I happy I did. Offense is so easy this year a caveman can do it...But if you have defense, no one is beating you this early in the year.

_________________
1x C4 360 Majors SB Champ (Season V)
Inaugural C4 NCAA 360 Champ, COTY, and MVP (Trifecta)
C4 Most Consistent Madden 11 Player
C4 Madden 11 Defensive Player of the Year
Madden Bible's (Madden 12) TWIMMY post-humous Co-Defensive Player of the Year w/Jerms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

avatar

Posts : 1765
Join date : 2009-07-01
Location : Chesapeake, VA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:08 pm

bahdbwoy wrote:
Wish i could pound the rock ... No committment lol..

i think that is the key to the running games success....committment! it can get frustrating at times to watch cats not only bring CB blitzes to try and contain the run to the inside but to also watch them squeeze through gaps and blow my boy Ray Rice up in the backfield. smh! but, there is nothing like watching that cat usering a LB (or any other defender) "trying" to shoot through a gap that he thinks he can get through only to get clogged up, picked up and smacked up by one of my lineman or a hot-routed blocker and then all he can do is just watch my "Lil-Ray" break off a few big yards if not a TD. lol!

~Mili

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrayche



Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Its weird with me because my O is what I always concentrate on first in Madden. But I like playing D more!! Its nothing like keeping an opponent locked up. Now that ive cooked up some super tough schemes on O its time to focus on my D (which is not that good). My is O super tought...saves my butt all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

ZAN wrote:
Defense, defense, defense.

I always lab something to perfection. Usually it's an offense. See TWIM 34 and 35 for proof...My defense came later in 11. I actually had a MVP on the defensive side of the ball in C4 from a quarters 3 deep scheme (LaRon Landry: 100 tackles, 30 sacks, 10 INTs, 8 forced fumbles)

This year, I dedicated to my defense first and decided run last....and MY GOD am I happy I did. Offense is so easy this year a caveman can do it...But if you have defense, no one is beating you this early in the year.

I feel you Zan. I find myself in the Lab more than in actual game$. I'm a big preacher of that. You did all of that out of Quarters huh??? Niceeee.. I agree with your out look on Offense. It is much easier, and anyone who had a good run game last year, should be able to reallllllyyyyyy run this year (in my opinion). So yes I'm with you, "Defense, Defense, Defense."

Appreciate the opinion.

- PSN: FAVREALOUS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FAVREALOUS

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-09-14
Age : 37
Location : Canoga Park, CA

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:06 pm

mrayche wrote:
Its weird with me because my O is what I always concentrate on first in Madden. But I like playing D more!! Its nothing like keeping an opponent locked up. Now that ive cooked up some super tough schemes on O its time to focus on my D (which is not that good). My is O super tought...saves my butt all the time.

i grabbed your PSN tag earlier from a different post MRAYCHE. I'ma shoot you an add later tonight. We can get some reps in some time.

- PSN: FAVREALOUS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrayche



Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:40 pm

FAVREALOUS wrote:
mrayche wrote:
Its weird with me because my O is what I always concentrate on first in Madden. But I like playing D more!! Its nothing like keeping an opponent locked up. Now that ive cooked up some super tough schemes on O its time to focus on my D (which is not that good). My is O super tought...saves my butt all the time.

i grabbed your PSN tag earlier from a different post MRAYCHE. I'ma shoot you an add later tonight. We can get some reps in some time.

- PSN: FAVREALOUS

Alright coo...i should be on later tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prophet

avatar

Posts : 208
Join date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

I would to love play defense because if you can shutdown your opponent or at least cause your opponent problems while running a good offense its a great feelling.
Although so far in Madden 12 I'm hating having to play D because I cant crush a grape or as B Scott says "cant stop a nosebleed". I will keep plugging at it though and hope I can come up with something. I'm pretty much 0-fer, I think I got maybe 5 wins out of about 35 and thats because I can score with pretty much the best but I lose because there comes a point when you need to get a stop so far....NOT SMH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZAN

avatar

Posts : 1389
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 28
Location : Springfield, IL

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Yup, Favrelous...all from quarters 3 deep...took a contain blitz concept and put it on steroids...

It was a 1 man unslidable rush, if that helps...If I felt like it, 2 man unslidable with 2 free rushers...my other SS, Horton, had prolly 50 tackles, 20 sacks and 8 picks himself...

_________________
1x C4 360 Majors SB Champ (Season V)
Inaugural C4 NCAA 360 Champ, COTY, and MVP (Trifecta)
C4 Most Consistent Madden 11 Player
C4 Madden 11 Defensive Player of the Year
Madden Bible's (Madden 12) TWIMMY post-humous Co-Defensive Player of the Year w/Jerms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfman



Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:14 pm

zan ur d is freaking nasty if its that good this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZAN

avatar

Posts : 1389
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 28
Location : Springfield, IL

PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:21 pm

we will see....i got the chiefs and cant do everything i want to do schematically with them...i can get speed all over the place. 6 lbs (my secret) on the same time...no DL and 5 db/safeties....but its susceptible to broken tackles...

but my beef package cant rush the passer...i need that balance...ill be able to handpick one of 8 teams next season, at the very most...im in the divisionals in c4...so each win narrows my team selection from here on out...

_________________
1x C4 360 Majors SB Champ (Season V)
Inaugural C4 NCAA 360 Champ, COTY, and MVP (Trifecta)
C4 Most Consistent Madden 11 Player
C4 Madden 11 Defensive Player of the Year
Madden Bible's (Madden 12) TWIMMY post-humous Co-Defensive Player of the Year w/Jerms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?   

Back to top Go down
 
What do you enjoy playing more? Offense or Defense?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Lag playing in Taiwan server from Shanghai
» Keep playing WOW
» Playing a Gnome cleric
» Playing Piano in my Corner.
» Flames of War - What are you playing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: