Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

Linebackers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Linebackers   Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:48 pm

In my franchise i have shawn phillips, chad greenway, L thimmons. then i have a few low overall but good speed like jason williams (cowboys).

who should i put at
LOLB
MLB 1
MLB 2
ROLB

and would 3-4 or 4-4 be better with what i have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers   Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:39 pm

What is the speed of all the LBs?

You typically want your fastest LB at #1.
Your 4th slowest LB at #2.

Next, you want your second and third fastest LBs at OLB.
I would put the 2nd fastest LB at the ROLB position.. when you do this, he's going to be on the left of the screen. In a couple setups in the TENN guide, the LB on the left of the screen is a swing man. He can be put into any coverage you want.. I typically put him in a purple zone.

You want your fastest LB at #1 because he's going to be blitzing the A-Gap and you want pressure as fast as possible.
The #2 LB is the 4th slowest because all he is used for is taking up the center. This allows you to go in free because both guards and the center are occupied, so you can get through either A-gap you like.

Here's a tip for the 4-4 to make you faster at setting it up:

Right after you and the offense has called a play, make sure you skip the whole camera angle that shows the offense going to the formation, you want as much time as possible so definitely skip that.

The #2 LB will be the left MLB. What you do is put him directly over the center then blitz him. He takes up the block of the center.. now press Circle (XBOX: B) ; You now are instantly on the right MLB, you don't have to hold circle and move to him.. I used to do that until I saw a guy in the EAFL do it.. he won the Super Bowl that year AND blew me out LOL..

Anything that can make you faster at setting these plays up is better.. You want to set them up perfectly and quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers   Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:51 pm

greenway 79, thimmons 85, phillips 84/85, jason williams 87

nice post wang. good info
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linebackers   

Back to top Go down

Linebackers